3D device selection and lockup?

Someone mentioned this before:

I have a 32 MB TNT2 card (Diamond V770) as well as an 8 MB Voodoo2 (Guillemot MaxiGamer somethingorother).

Unfortunately, the Guillemot drivers don't allow you to disable the Voodoo2 card as a direct draw device, so the game would run no higher than 800x600, even though I normally run in 1280x1024. I deleted the prefs file as instructed, but even after disabling the Voodoo2, then removing it from the device manager, I got GPF's etc. when having the game detect the 3D card again, so I had to physically remove the card from the machine to get the higher resolution.

This isn't such a big deal to me; I only have that card in the machine to play Grand Prix Legends these days (I may try to reinstall it later), but the ability to manually select the 3D card (a la Panzer Elite) would be convenient.

Also, got repeatable lockups within about 30 secs. of startup when selecting German force strength of 150% in Valley of Trouble playing as allies. Set it at 100% and it worked fine...

FYI,

ianc

I have the Guillemot Maxi Gamer 3D2 Voodoo2 card and it has the ability to deselect it for Direct3D support. Do you have the same card? If so, you should have this option. (Perhaps driver version? I'm running their version 3.00 driver.)

I find this option under the Display Properties - Maxi Gamer 3D2 tab - Advanced button. Once here, check the box for "Disable Voodoo II Direct 3D Support".

My primary video card is the Guillemot 3D Prophet GeForce AGP card. (v3.77 drivers) When I put my computer in 1024x768 mode and deleted my CM prefs file and startup CM, it correctly detects the 1024x768 resolution.

Wish I could be of more help, but on my system (ASUS P3BF-P3/500-128MB RAM), it does work.