Graphics Card Question Concerning Fog

Hi all,

I'm playing my first CM game with fog since purchasing a new computer, and apparently the fog is not showing up. frown.gif I know others have experienced this problem before, and I did a search, but I didn't find anything that solved my problem. So, I'd very much appreciate any help.

Here's some system specs:

PIII 700 MHz Compaq Presario 7599 w/ 128 Megs

I'm using the graphics card that came with the computer, which I bought just 2 months ago. So, I'm assuming my drives are relatively up to date.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Guest KwazyDog

Mike, one thing you didnt mention is what type of card you were suppied with your computer? smile.gif

Considering it is a new computer Im guess its etierh some type of nvidia (TNT/Geforce) or Voodoo card. What you will need to do is go into the cards configuration section and turn on the option for 'Fog Table Emulation'. The method to do this will vary from card to card, so I cant tell tou excatly how to do so. Check out the manual for the video card that should have come with your system.

Hopefully that should fix your problem mike smile.gif

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike_in_texas:

Hi all,

I'm playing my first CM game with fog since purchasing a new computer, and apparently the fog is not showing up. frown.gif I know others have experienced this problem before, and I did a search, but I didn't find anything that solved my problem. So, I'd very much appreciate any help.

Here's some system specs:

PIII 700 MHz Compaq Presario 7599 w/ 128 Megs

I'm using the graphics card that came with the computer, which I bought just 2 months ago. So, I'm assuming my drives are relatively up to date.

Thanks in advance,

Mike<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely you have a damned ATI card, like me, these doesn't support the way CM fog is programmed...

There has been numerous posts about this problem on the Tech Support forum (do a search smile.gif ),

Anyway the case is just hopeless...

Thanks for all your help.

I've found a little more information about my graphics card, which may help others diagnose my problem. I took this directly off the relevant Compaq specs web site:

Integrated 2X AGP 3D graphics

Integrated 64-bit hardware-accelerated 3D graphics

I apologise for not posting this in the Tech Support forum.

If it turns out I'm SOL, then I'd appreciate some suggestions on a graphics card (which handles fog, of course!).

Thanks again,

Mike

If you do not want to spend a lot of money try a Voodoo3 or a Nvidia Gforce2 MX. You may have to get the PCI version frown.gif because your computer may not have an extra AGP slot. If you go to control panel and click display then choose settings and click advanced you should be able to display the driver name.

ex. Compaq-compatible Nvidia TNT-2 Riva

Anyways email me if you need anymore help. It is in the profile.

------------------

Sir are you sure you want to go to red alert...it would mean changing the bulb

-Priest