After Action Report Bug????

I have noticed now on about 3 occasions that after an operation is completed the after action casualty report seems odd..

I played the Village Bocage(sp?) as the Germans and the final screen told me that I had knocked out over 120 vehicles. Now I went back and counted the ones that were laying around (tanks and other vehicles) and only saw about 40 or so. I shrugged it off then.

I just got done with another operation and again the number of vehicles killed seemed to big.

I thought that the after action reports at the end were supposed to be accurate. Or is it an "estimation" of what you killed - which are renoun for beign over-estimated historically? i.e. Some army claimed they killed 100 tanks when actually the other side only lost 23 or somthing like that.

Also - if you skip the night battle, does the computer play it out automatically for you? I ask because sometimes It skips it and then an action report that shows casualties on my side and none on the other (though the casualties seems to be light)

I tried to find this in a search but did not find it - sorry if this has been touched on priorly