Full battle Movies

Asiram

I have a question not specific to this topic - Is there a way to save the replays of the turns into a file so you can watch the Whole battle take place when you've finished?

Then you could send some of your favorites to your warring buddies sort of like home movies..

Thanks in advance

No, there really isn't. It's a rather popular request, about 3 times a week, and BTS has acknowledged that it would indeed be cool, but it is a Very Big Deal to code.

Most of us are saving our old game turns for that special day... but if it ever comes, it probably won't work with them, either.

But it will happen eventually, I think.

Actually I know that many people want the whole battle as a full 3D playback file, but I would just like some genius coder to use the Quicktime layer to build a "save clip as QT" command to grab 10 or 15 seconds from a particular camera angle. Hooking the RGB out of my computer to a RGB / NTSC monitor and then into a DVCAM deck works, but it is bulky and time consumung and records NTSC illegal colors.

Many 3D applications have a save as quicktime option, such as my Infini-D, but I have no idea how hard that would be to code. It may be more of a 3rd party hack than a BigTime job since I am not sure how many people want to edit the videos - or have Nonlinear video editing experience and the hard drive space to spare.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robert Olesen:

I have no idea about the technical problems here, but it would be nice to be able to create a movie that replays the whole battle from a fixed point of view, e.g. following behind a particular unit (tab, 1) or from a fixed position over the battlefield. This ought to be feasible.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if they manage to do a full-film feature, I guess it will be just as a usual turn film with all the awailable controls. Thus you could rerun the entire show following each and every unit in turn, from any position, over and over again! smile.gif

Oh my God! It just dawn on me what this will do to my spare time and family life! eek.gif

Perhaps it would be better if it never happened! biggrin.gif

Hawk

------------------

Our's is not to reason why, our's is but to do and die!