waiting, anticipating

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beau:

ive played the demo non stop, i have ordered the game, i cant wait till it comes. any one suggest the best missions to play. How does the Churchill and the Cromwell shape up in combat?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They sure been kicking my snapper in PBEM...

------------------

Thanks for Athskin!

The Cromwell is surprisingly annoying. I play Axis against my usual PBEM partner, and bases on my ASL days I used to consider it an easy mark. Granted, it doesn't have a whole lot of armor protection, but it's superb agility is modeled quite well in the game. That plus it's fast turret means you shouldn't underestimate it. In a PBEM game I just played, my opponent kept two of them reserve. Halfway through the game, they suddenly appeared out from behind some trees, zipped along the map and caught some of my units by surprise.

The Churchill comes in various flavors (as does the Cromwell). Later models are impervious to the standard 75mm/L48 found on the PZIV and it's kin, and even a Tiger I's gun has no guarantee of a kill. You still have to watch out for Panthers though and anything with a long 88 (King Tiger, JagdPanther, etc.)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cueball:

The Cromwell is surprisingly annoying. I play Axis against my usual PBEM partner, and bases on my ASL days I used to consider it an easy mark. Granted, it doesn't have a whole lot of armor protection, but it's superb agility is modeled quite well in the game. That plus it's fast turret means you shouldn't underestimate it. In a PBEM game I just played, my opponent kept two of them reserve. Halfway through the game, they suddenly appeared out from behind some trees, zipped along the map and caught some of my units by surprise.

The Churchill comes in various flavors (as does the Cromwell). Later models are impervious to the standard 75mm/L48 found on the PZIV and it's kin, and even a Tiger I's gun has no guarantee of a kill. You still have to watch out for Panthers though and anything with a long 88 (King Tiger, JagdPanther, etc.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks cueball, when i get the game i'll show my uncle he drove churchills after d-day

------------------