LOS Completely Through a House: **Spoilers for 1 Long Day**

Wolfe

Been bitten by the 'soft corners' of buildings before (shell travels thru a building corner to kill a tank), but I've never seen it quite this bad before:

http://users.erols.com/chare/cm/1longday.jpg

Both 81mm mortars have LOS to multiple tanks that should be completely obscured by the building in front of them.

Saved game:

http://users.erols.com/chare/cm/1longday.zip

- Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Platoon HQ is doing the spotting for them wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dan, if you DL the saved game and hit 'L' to check for LOS, the HQ unit can see (has direct LOS to) an abandoned M8 Greyhound. If you do the same for the mortar teams, neither has LOS. Of course, because the HQ can see the Gryhound, the mortars certainly would be able to target it.

But it's my understanding that the mortars should NOT have LOS to something they can't see (atleast that's how I've understood the game to work since BTS added the HQ spotting ability). Next to the Greyhound is a dead Sherman 76. The HQ also has LOS to this, but the mortars indicate they do as well. If the HQ can pass spotting ability to the mortar teams for the dead 76, why can't he do it for the Greyhound? confused.gif

BTW, only 1 of the mortars has LOS to the dead Sherm 76. Sorry. But both are within command of the HQ unit.

BTW, I hate this scenario. It's too hard. wink.gif This is my 4th try at winning.

- Chris

[This message has been edited by Wolfe (edited 09-10-2000).]

Guest KwazyDog

Ahhh, I see, so the mortars can see right through the building with the LOS tool wink.gif

Ok, that ones interesting Wolfe, I will check it out. My only suggestions at this point is that maybe the mortars are so close to the building they can see through it, but even so they probably shouldnt be able too.

Looking into it smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Ahhh, I see, so the mortars can see right through the building with the LOS tool<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup. smile.gif Hmmm. Does LOS into/out of houses change with the seasons just like LOS through trees?!? wink.gif

- Chris