Operation Urgent Fury

Fieldmarshall

Dear Sirs,

I think this idea is really cool. While there may not be a scenario you could use, you could create a map using plain blue for the South Atlantic. Hovercraft and AV-8B could simulate the attack of the Royal navy.

Here is wjhere I get confused:

How could a person using the map tool and extras properly simulate an Argentinian defensive force since the OPFOR units are technically of Soviet/Russian extraction and I think that the Argentinians used French equipment? It sounds like BLUFOR versus BLUFOR, doesn't it? I think an IPX game with such a map would be really fun, if anybody really wanted to do it. Now I'm really interested and puzzled! :(smile.gif

Good Idea!

Rich

Rich,

This is done a few months ago in the MBX

We used mainly opfor materiel for the Argentinians but this is not a problem anymore since 4.0 can have M113 on both sides.

Rikki also made some mapps for these battles,but the maps in the TACOPS HQ maproom made for Norway are of good use too

Dear Stoffel ( and others!)

I think what you have done is brilliant, but I am still puxzzled. Here's why:

Wasn't Urgent Fury a primarily naval engagement?

and:

How could a person simulate the bomber wings of the RAF (Avro Vulcan, BAC Canberra)

I hope I'm not wasting your time, but this is really ingenious to me

Somehow the privilege of using the M113 doesn't satisfy my craving for knowledge. Only the Vulcan is capable of flying directly from London to the Falklands so how did you model the use of short-range interceptors like the Lightning? Maybe you created little islands as carriers and then used the F-18 to be the Lightning on a strike-by-strike basis. Also, mightn't the Royal Navy have sent an Aegis cruiser or two? I better go look at the file, now. I am totally NOT being combative, but I am just really interested. smile.gifsmile.gif

Thank you, kind sirs!

Rich

Rich,

I do believe you are confusing Urgent Fury (grenada) with the British Operation in the Falklands.

In the falklands, the Navy did carry the army to the battle, but what kicked the Agentinians off the island was the Royal Army and Royal Marines.

Grenada was an Army, Navy, Marine, and Air Force fight, and not particularly well handled. No M113s to my knowledge, although the Marines landed their AAVP7s and M60A1 MBT.

In Panama we did use M113 and M551.

Mike

Yes Mike you are right.

But I thought I could give some info on the MBX as well.

Rich the battle took place in 2009,yes in the far away future.

We had aircraft carriers and other ships with awacs

and we had aircraft garrisons based on Ascencion island

Tornadoes and harriers

The argentinians use the Laavp as well and M113's

So in tacops 4.0 you can simulate this quit well.

I shall ask Rikki the maps he used(if they are not in the TACOPS HQ map directory) and think of a scenario,maybe when 4,0 is released we can do a battle than.

henk