Ladder Ladder

I am bewildered by the array of ladders available to play on?! The ones I know about include:

Tournament House CM Ladder

Rugged Defence CM Ladder

Blitzkrieg Gaming Club CM Ladder

CMRS CM Ladder

For all I know there may even be a Case's ladder?!

Which is the best? Why?

Maybe what is more relevant (using the Beta vs VHS analogy), Which is going to be the most popular?

I don't think there is 'market room' for so many ladders although I could be wrong. Perhaps there will have to be a title unification battle in the future?

Perhaps the ladder operators can post here about their aims and plans with each ladder, so we can choose where to go?

Maybe somebody could rank them all (Functionality, Presentation, # of players) and produce a ladder ladder?

Bruce

Well, I personally think it's up to the individual. I think there is room for all. Players can join all, none, or one. Who cares how many there is, as long as they help players get together and play. Is this not the same as a CM web page? How many of them should we have? I think players will sign up to more than one ladder just so they can keep playing the game they love.

True. On the CC2 ladder, we played T-House for the "chess-style" rating system while we we're also on Cases which is much more about politics and how often you play.

Had fun though getting to #1 on Cases before I got sick of dealing with all that crap.

------------------

Yeah, but in Close Combat...

All the CM ladders have different things about them that I like. Why not join them all?

The only ladder that I have a negative opinion of is the CMHQ Annex Ladder. It appears the guy who put that together has dropped off the planet so the scoring/ranking is still all messed up.

Smoker out.