Great Game

Well, I am hooked. I had to drop back to win 98 to play the game, but it was worth it. CM is one of the best 'being there' games that I have played in a while.

Qustions:

How to best place smoke to

1. cover an advance

2. cover a retreat

Do you want the smoke to pop on your unit, between his and your unit, or on his unit?

Also, do you find the German armor to be ahistorically weak compared to the shermans?

Hi Mr Blow :0

>

Originally posted by Joe Blow:

>Well, I am hooked. I had to drop back >to win 98 to play the game, but it was >worth it. CM is one of the best 'being >there' games that I have played in a while.

Wholeheartedly agree the 'immersion Factor' in CM is superb, and combined with my playing various War Movie soundtracks in background my saddness knows no bounds ! biggrin.gif

I've also used CM scns as basis for couple Tabletop Miniatures Battles (15mm scale)

>Qustions:

>How to best place smoke to

>1. cover an advance

>2. cover a retreat

>Do you want the smoke to pop on your unit, >between his and your unit, or on his unit?

Well IMHO the reason for smoke is to cut enemy line of sight to your units so immaterial if placed on units or inbetween as long as LOS is cut/obstructed.

Personally I usually place it inbetween (sounds a tad kinky smile.gif).

Try both methods and check using the LOS tool to see (or not to see !) if any difference to extent/quality of LOS degradation/obstruction ?

>Also, do you find the German armor to be >ahistorically weak compared to the shermans

Hmm depends on circumstances I suspect ?

Big change I had to undergo from years of playing Steel Panthers/East Frt/West Frt is that the scale of CM is such that engagements often take place at relatively short ranges (ie usually up to 300m)which makes even the lowliest AT weapon potentially potent. As in real life part of the skill of the Pz Commander is to maintain a much range as possible to Allied Tanks to maximise the superiority of his main gun. This is of course much easier said than done especially in the constricted terrain of Western Europe (relative to more open vistas found in the Ostfront).

but it is all part of the fun biggrin.gif

Cheers

------------------

Sgt Steiner

Belfast

NI UK