Another question about entrenchments

CMplayer

I think I remember reading somewhere about entrenchments having been 'beefed up' during one of the revisions of the game engine, at that this has affected scenario balance. In particular there is one (team Krempp?) which seems almost impossible to win.

What I was wondering is whether this has affected the balance of many other scenarios as well? Will these scenarios be rebalanced in the new version of TacOps?

It was Team Krempp that became very hard after a change was made to entrenchements.

Just give yourself a little more mortar and or arty ammo - especially smoke.

I don't recall it being a problem in any other scenario. I doubt that I will revisit the order of battle in the old scenarios for v4 although they will be included with v4. When I next have the time to work on scenarios I would rather add some entirely new ones or else code up something that would allow you gents to make scenarios that inlcude the AI scripts and flags.

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure where to put this comment, but I wanted to compliment the Major on how fantastic TacOps is. I was a big fan of "Strategic Conquest" and then got into "Onslaught" which I loved but can't play anymore because it doesn't run on MacOS above 7. I looked for a long time before finding TacOps and I am SO happy I found it. It's great: well designed and runs great. Great fun and educational! Thanks for the great product!