villers-bocage scenario

I'm just curious, but has anyone had Wittman's tank knocked out by unknown forces?

Before my reinforcements arrived, I was mixing it up with the British forces when my tank began taking hits. I had no idea where the fire was coming from. After the tank was knocked out, I surrendered so I could take a look at the map to see where hidden unit was.

I pulled up the kill info on all the displayed British units. None of them indicated they had any kills. WHO or WHAT KILLED MY TIGER??

Guest ckoharik

I've played the scenario a few times and invariably if I get killed early on it's from one of those damned Fireflys. Just too many targets. Best things to do is get off that road!

Hmmm... I had the same "what killed my tank?" problem last night in a QB. Lost a Hellcat to... something. After the battle I cycled through all the German units and nobody was taking credit??

Would this occur if the unit that killed the Hellcat (maybe a Panzerfaust) was routed off the board before the scenario ended? (i.e. are units that rout off the board not available for after-battle review?)

- Old Dog

I played it several times first as the allies,than it isn't a problem if you play as the Germans.

Most British tanks had no ammo or only HE ammo left.(or it must have been an unknown ammobug)

So I knew exactly what tanks I had to kill first.