Canadians in Normandy

Greetings all,

I was looking for a site that dealt in detail with Operation Goodwood (anybody know of one?) when I came across this site by accident. I thought it might be of interest to my neighbors to the north. Makes one appreciate the sacrifices the Canadians were forced to make. Anyways here's the site:

http://www.valourandhorror.com/DB/CHRON/home.htm

BTW, Check out the SPR section. Note the second paragraph where it states Ryan was a paratrooper dropped behind German lines "by accident". Hmmm...Now correct me if i'm wrong but i've always understood the primary mission of airborne units (para/glider)was to be inserted behind enemy lines. Anyways, Any LZ behind friendly lines during D-Day was in the English channel.

That was an interesting little bit about SPR that that guy wrote. I assume that he didn't mean "by accident" quite the way he wrote it...but the rest of the story is worth reading just for info purposes. smile.gif

The writers point that Amistead had historical glitches is also correct. I think this guy, like many of us, doesn't like history being "filtered" by Hollywood. Personally, I agree with him on that issue. biggrin.gif

Thanks for pointing that out, Black sabot.