Original Map Fills?

medlinke

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get the textures for the maps that come with the game? I want to create some bmps to make my own custom maps, and I want to keep them looking like the original maps as much as possible to preserve the look and feel of the current incarnation of the game.

Please let me know ASAP!

Thanks

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

A bit off topic ... I have [finally] finished the basic artwork of a rather large map. I am having one problem ... I've got Cities, towns, hi and low ground, rivers, farms etc ... however, the overlaying of trees [woods] is kicking my butt!

I am using Photoshop 5.0 [Win] and Photoshop 5.5 [Mac].

I would gladly take any layer help that anyone can give. Heck, I would even be happy to send the artwork to anyone who asks to have a look for me.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Jeff

I guess to further explain my problem, I must first preface what I am going for.

I have wanted to preserve the feel of the artwork from the first TacOps maps so, I used Map15 from the Mizokami scenarios as my guide. I seem to have been able to maintain this for elevations, roads, cities etc ... but I can not seem to get the trees on a blank layer with the opaquicity set to where the trees come out as crisp as they do in the Map15. All of my test efforts have failed ... so far ...

I am using the tree06.bmp from the download you mentioned.

Thanks again, Jeff

Additionally, I have created an Autum version of the map [artwork complete] that is ready for the TacOps Map Tool. I downloaded the Windows version and when I follow the File/New and get my .bmp verion of the map [8bit-256 color, 72 dpi] the initial screen that IDs the #pixals E-W [3020] and N-S [1520], version and UTM info is all perfect but when I press OK all I get is a screen full of jibberish. I tried moving the .bmp into the same folder with the Mapping Utility ... no luck ... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any assistance rendered.

Jeff