More map questions

rich12545

First, all these questions relate to sp since I never play multi.

So far as I can tell there is no way to make a scenario with a map other than those 15 that are already in sp scenarios. So any others that are included in the game or posted online would be useless to me. Also there is no way to change opfor units/locations or the setup boxes for any new scenarios. Is this correct?

If so, why not? Obviously, there is a way to make new sp scenarios since they are included in the game. There must be some sort of editor that was used to create them. So why not include it in the game or offer it as an additional product? Since this is so important I assume it's been discussed ad nauseum already but I would appreciate it if you would answer again.

>So far as I can tell there is no way to make a scenario with

>a map other than those 15 that are already in sp scenarios.

That is correct for creating scenarios that include a useful computer run opponent (AI). The additional maps are only useful for human vs human game play.

>Also there is no way to change opfor units/locations or the

>setup boxes for any new scenarios. Is this correct?

The U.S. and OPFOR player can choose different setup areas by first selecting the "Options/CPX Mode" menu item or by first selecting the "Options/Ignore Setup Limits" menu item.

>There must be some sort of editor that was used to create

>them. So why not include it in the game or offer it as an

>additional product?

The tools that I used to create the factory provided scenarios were too unstable and too user unfriendly to add to the package without months of work. This has been a wish list item for a long time but so far I have always had too many quicker to do things on the wish list to get around to it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> The U.S. and OPFOR player can choose different setup areas by first selecting the "Options/CPX Mode" menu item or by first selecting the "Options/Ignore Setup Limits" menu item. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I went ahead and ordered but still have one more question.

If I choose the "Ignore setup limits" in a sp game, will the opfor typically set its units in areas different from their black box area? Or is this just more for me?