What I mean is, were there a bewildering variey of 'em,

or were they all 75mm, 88mm or MG?

What I'm aiming at? I'd love to have a 150mm infantry gun pillbox! biggrin.gif

Or a cheap 50mm AT bunker.

Of course, if no such things existed, there should be none

in CM either.

------------------

Now, would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of

our trenches and walking slowly towards the enemy sir?

Blockhaus weren`t standardized... And because of this it was sometimes a problem to build them in time (in Normandy by instance). Some have old french tanks turrets. I have even seen one with a concrete turret eek.gif Some are very huge, other very small... It`s impossible to modelize all of them...

That's what I thought, many variations.

So maybe we could have a few more as later addition smile.gif

Shouldn't actually be too much extra work, as the guns are already

modeled.

One thing I'd like as well, would be varying thickness of the boxes,

maybe "heavy" and "light".

------------------

to your original question whether there were standardized german bunkers: yes, there were. may I direct the atention odf the audience to chapter V of the Handbook on G.M.F.; it shows different discrete models of bunkers. The one mentioned above incorporating e.g. the ubiquitous french APX turrets was called Panzerstellung. The type for heavy artillery pieces is called the model 685, the version for AT guns was the type 630, there's also a smaller version without so much support stuff called casemate type 677. Interesting to note is that these concrete bunkers were standardized to have 2m of concrete both on the top and sides, and this norm also applies to the AT gun bunker.

The coolest thing however is a thing called "mobile steel pillbox", astandardized, self-contained pillbox unit for one machine gun and two crew. "Mobile" because it was a complete unit weighing 3 tons that could be transported and quickly installed anywhere into a fitting hole ion the ground. armor 5" at the front and 2" at the sides. There are pictures showing it being handled by a crane.

But I guess those standardized types made up only a small portion of the bunkers, I agree with the others here that a myriad of individual constructions from fortified positions to big bunkers existed.

yours sincerely,

M.Hofbauer

So how about it BTS?

A couple more of the neat babyes? smile.gif

Shouldn't take long with no new graphics and no new weapons.

I can tell it's easy, 'cause I know all about programming as

I've studied Pascal for at least 20 hours! biggrin.gif

------------------