Alternate keyboard control-config opt

Why was control of the battlefield map not given to the keys W,A,S,D, or the option of chosing those keys to scroll around the map?

Guess what I'm saying is why wasn't anything included in the game to change the keyboard configuration around (wait I said that allready), like most other games. Then anyone who wanted to have their hand somewhere else could, and those who like them on the directional arrows could also play. Just think its something that could have been included. Anything planned for this?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

What's wrong with the arrow keys?

They'd be my first option.

Cheers

Olle<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right hand: mouse

Left hand: easier to use the left half of the keyboard.

Also, as noted above, using WSAD is 2nd nature to first person shooter players, of which there are many. Kinda like the ~ for chat.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

Instead of 'wasd' I prefer 'esdf' since they are the home keys for typing. If you type much your hand automatically falls there and there's also a little 'nib' thing on the 'f' key to let you feel you're in the right place. I like the alternate key binding idea, however.

Then anyone who wanted to have their hand somewhere else could

I was going to ask where this other hand would be but have decided against it. wink.gif

I was talking about my prefs for fps'. However my friends all use the w, etc. keys to play and they always stomp me. Maybe that's my problem. It could also be why I play CM.

Anyway since we're dreaming I'd like a console along with a bunch of command line customization and scripting stuff. To get this new functionality anytime soon might mean that CMII...The New Engine would have to come out a little ahead of schedule , but maybe we'll get lucky. Besides, it's just a dream.

[This message has been edited by CaSCa (edited 12-07-2000).]