Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Tire texture needs fixing

On the halftracks, as most everyone knows, the two front tires have a track texture. This looks very odd. Would it be possible to replace the half-track wheel textures with bmp 4026. 4026 is the actual wheel texture that the armored cars use. While the half-track "tracks" may now have the wheel texture as well, it is much easier to "fudge" the wheel texture to make it look a bit like tracks than it is to make the track texture look like wheels. BTS please switch this around.

-john

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

I know thats a good idea, but if one does that then other tanks and halftrack AND armoured cars will all have that texture for treads. Why not go with the "fudge" idea....

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

I'm not saying change the bmp I'm saying change the half-track model tires & tracks (since they have to use the same bmp)only. The model makes a texture call for each part of the model with texture bmps from the bmp dir. Bmp 4026 which is the tire tread bmp for armored cars, but not for half-track front-wheels, looks better than having track-links on the half-tracks which make the front rubber tire wheels look awful. The track-links used for the half-tracks also cover the front rubber road tires as it is now. Switch this around for the half-track models to use bmp 4026 for the tracks and front wheels. 4026 is the rubber tire tread bmp used on armored cars. This will not affect any other models except half-tracks.

-john

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

But still, I would give the tracks the rubber tire look. Not quite what a track is sopposed to look like..... I'd still go for the "fudge"

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

If you look at the track on those US halftracks (real ones), the rubber-band track looks more like a tire tread than a tank tread anyway.

And while we're talking fixes, how about a fix for all those vehicles whose mantlet-bottom texture is displayed at a far greater brightness than the mantlet-top?

Stuart and Jadgpanther come instantly to mind...

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

Ok ya it looks about right... But will it be the right width? For tracks I mean....

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Tiger/johnS, if that tread area thing doesn't work, then, like I suggested before, maybe it is an approach to have the dark wheel color shifted towards the tread area color, at least in those corners of the octagonal wheel design of CM.

------------------

"Im off to NZ police collage" (GAZ_NZ)

Ah dogoneit, we all know Tiger is just covering up for Firestone. I knew there was going to be a tread separation scandal before this mod was over with. Infact, I've heard rumors that BTS knew of this from reports about the halftrack tires and that they were urged to recall the 251/1 at least two years ago.

smile.gif