New Stugg killer trick

iggi

I was playing chance encounter with the AI.

Here's a neat trick. If you see the stuggs near a hill in a reverse defense deployment near a road, do this; Have a couple of shermans go hell out fast on the road towards the stuggs. The stuggs rotate so slowly that the shermans can get behind them and toast them.

The Stuggs see the shermans too late as they race down the road. Look for such a stugg situation and take advantage of it..unless you're playing against me of course. smile.gif

Of course, if the German player has covered the StuGs with a few 'schrecks, those Shermans are going to be, ah, "in a world of hurt" shall we say? Yes, the lack of a turret is something that can be exploited by an alert player. However, that exploitation can be exploited in turn by an even more alert player, so I for one will be fairly cautious about trying such things.

------------------

Questions, comments, arguments, refutations, criticisms, and/or sea stories?

Yes it is dangerous to race around in a sherman.

You have to be fairly certain of three points.

1)The stugg appears alone. hehehe

2)The stugg is near a fast lane of approach(like a road) and that road takes you to the stuggs rear.

3)The stuggs reverse slope defense hiding place creates a blind zone that covers the road.

I raced two shermans around a stugg and the stugg barely moved a few degrees before the sherman with it's swiveling turret toasted him. If you want to roll the dice, this is one way to do it.

I was just playing Close Combat 2 on Gameranger and I realised that it doesn't make a difference wether or not tanks have turrets in that game. They rarely really use the turrets anyway. However, Jagdpanzer IV's still kick ass in that game. 5 76mm shells bounced off of mine. Hehehe....damn I want this game...

------------------

Visit my webpage!

http://cm4mac.tripod.com