Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Can a 81mm mortar do anything to a tank?

Of course, for arty to be effective at all, the tank must be sitting still for 2-3 turns. If there is one thing I have learned in CM, it is that letting armor sit still is death, unless you have a darned good reason. Movement helps keep those zooks/shrecks away, and can confuse your opponent as well. I doubt arty would work well against tanks when I play. Sorry I can't try it out against someone, but my internet is too slow. frown.gif

------------------

There is nothing certain about war except that one side won't win.

-Ian Hamilton

Guest Big Time Software

An excellent point! And another reason why artillery fire against tanks was not that effective. If you land the shells around where the tank was instead of is then it does no good. When you read accounts from tankers it generally reads like a game of hide and go seek. I find when an enemy tanks is moving around it causes me a great deal of discomfort since I never know where it is going and what it intends on doing. And because of that I generally do not waste my artillery on AFVs unless they have "crunchies" along with them.

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Sorry I can't try it out against someone, but my internet is too slow. frown.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, I usually play with 14,400 modem, exactly how slow is your connection. rolleyes.gif