STOP!!!!

Guest jaja

My infantry were exploiting through a woods. They bet some Germans who kept shooting at them as they ran by (and they were taking casulties). They didn't stop to shoot back at all.

It's not the game's fault! They're doing what you asked them to do. Actually, you've just learned the number one downside of moving your guys quickly.

Basically, if you guve a Fast command, your guys will hustle their butts and try to get to where you told them to go and not shoot back very much.

Move, is a lot slower, there will be more fire coming out of your guys, but the priority is still on moving - not shooting.

Sneak, means to move but if the opportunity to pick up a target appears then stop and start shooting.

Takes a bit of getting used to.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>My infantry were exploiting through a woods. They bet some Germans who kept shooting at them as they ran by (and they were taking casulties). They didn't stop to shoot back at all.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm curious...exactly how were the Germans exploiting your infantry? And why was your infantry trying to place bets with the enemy?

Where is this "bet" command anyway? I don't see it on my interface. Hmmm...maybe I need to upgrade to a new version...

------------------

Youth is wasted on the young.

Guest Scott Clinton

Sneaking units will only stop and fire if they are fired upon first. I.E. the will return fire, not instigate fire no matter how juicy the target. The "SNEAK" command has always been this way.

Moving units will fire as they move if, and only if they enemy is in thier general frontal arc. They will NOT stop unless they break morale in some manner. I estimate a units 'frontal arc' to be 60 degrees to be safe but it may be closer to 90 degrees, but I have never been able to get anyone from BTS to respond to this (and I have tried... frown.gif )

Lastly, I don't come here often for several reasons I won't get into. I only post because some of the newer faces (to me at least) appear to have the orders confused. I hope this helps. Please don't be put out if I don't respond because like I said I don't come here too much anymore.

(Also, I am double posting to another related thread also in an attempt to reach as many new folks as possible)

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

I need some way to have my guys run to contact.

The "bet" command is in version 200.975 . This version REALLY needs revision, though, my guys spontanously stop shooting and start playing poker with the enemy without being told to!