Opfor Attack Helo's

minmax

I hate to be a spoil sport, but the former Soviets (and the current Russian Army) does not use Hinds, Hokums or Havocs in the same way the US uses helicopters.

I know this is just a game, but the Blue Creep that keeps getting into OPFOR tactics has been a pain to me ever since working with RED THRUST or working at the Battle Command Training Program.

When you are using Soviet/Russian tactics, the Hinds are used in groups of 4-6, they generally stay behind the forward line of troops and are used to quickly eliminate a strong point or a counter attack force. They are flown by Soviet/Russain Air Force Pilots and are controlled by a ground based FAC that is riding with a Regimental Commander.

Hinds are still a staple for former client nations. Nicaragua has a bucket load of hinds as do the Iraqis, Libyans, and a variety of others. Parts are cheap now that the Hokum is in vogue.

OpFor tactics have evolved dramatically. The change is evident in Chechnya b/c the Russians like the Americans got a bloody nose in Afghanistan and they learned from it. The use of Hinds that I saw in Nicaragua was to move troops into a flanking position then stay on stay for fire support. Much like Air-mobile has done since the 70s.