Introductions please

Guest AlfieE

Guest AlfieE

I'm awaiting a copy of CM after being captivated by the gold demo. Gathering from the gentleman's discussion below I have a lot to look forward to. Anyone like to whet my appetite somemore, particularly about hoe to get into PMEM game. I'd be grateful.

I'm a relatively new player, just got it a couple days ago. Just got DSL in my house and assuming that it is actually working, I'd be interested in taking you on. Drop me a line at Fuse_cm@yahoo.com.

------------------

Upon the fields of friendly strife, are sown the seeds of Victory.

---Douglas McArthur

Well, where to start... It's well... like... No, imagine a, a..., it's something not quite entirely unlike.... no, it's, it's something that can't be explained.

Well, obviously not by me. biggrin.gif

If you've never PBEMmed, or played VS a human player before, prepare for some serious ass-whopping, hehe.

I have yet to win a 'full game' PBEM. But, boy, am I good in losing them.

Welcome AlfieE, and all other new posters.

A brave, new, world awaits.

The people on this forum are very helpful. There may be some reminding you to do a search before asking a question, as the board has been up in one form or another for a couple of years. So, just about any question you can think of has been asked by someone, sometime.

PBEM is a snap, you can find games here (just ask), and there are numerous sites with ladders and such springing up all over the net. A general internet search engine will give you plenty of links.

Enjoy the game, and thanks for introducing yourself.

------------------

"Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you. Take it easy, Dude." -- The Stranger

The Dude abides.

Guest AlfieE

Thanks for you comments chaps, nice to know that I'm buying into a community as well as a new gaming experience. I'm looking forward to meeting my wits against you all. Many thanks! AlfieE

When you get the game lets play a PBEM I'm new myself I have only played 3 PBEM games so far

Dave

------------------

My front is pushed back.My right gives way.Situation Excellent! I am attacking!

Ferdinand Foch 1916

I'll be willing to PBEM with anyone who is interested. Just got the game 2 days ago and can't stop playing biggrin.gif. I've never done PBEM in any wargame so if you want an easy win just drop me an email at fightingjoe@uswest.net .

------------------

"Those who deny freedom to others, deserve it not for themselves; and, under a just God, can not long retain it."

--A. Lincoln

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AlfieE:

Anyone know how long the game takes to get to the UK?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ordered it Tues evening UK time, it arrived Tuesday morning the following week. Mine didn't seem to have the problems NZ etc have.

------------------

The conception of such a plan was impossible for a man of Montgomery's innate caution...In fact, Montgomery's decision to mount the operation ...[Market Garden] was as startling as it would have been for an elderly and saintly Bishop suddenly to decide to take up safe breaking and begin on the Bank of England. (R.W.Thompson, Montgomery the Field Marshall)

Guest AlfieE

Good show, well I order mine late last Sunday night UK time, guess I might receive it tommorrow, Monday morning. I'll look forward to it. Oh, and thanks to all those who have expressed an interest in PBEM, I'll get back to you when I receive my copy. Thanks again. AlfieE

P.S. And to stay in the tradition of signing off with quotes:

'Which are we: beasts becuase we make war, or angels becuase we so often seek to make it into something holy'

Barbara Ehrenreich, 'Blood Rites'.