Splitting sqd's

This may or may not be correct, but I know that the squads can't occupy the same space, so maybe one half is just moving to a clear area which just happens to be outside the house. Just a thought...

------------------

In fighting and in everyday life you should be determined though calm. Meet the situation without tenseness yet not recklessly, your spirit settled yet unbiased. An elevated spirit is weak and a low spirit is weak. Do not let the enemy see your spirit. -- M.M.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Miyamoto Musashi:

This may or may not be correct, but I know that the squads can't occupy the same space, so maybe one half is just moving to a clear area which just happens to be outside the house. Just a thought...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Miyamoto-san is on the money here. As I understand it, the teams can not have overlapping bases (turn bases on and you see what I mean) and therefore one of them has to move a bit. If bases overlapped, they would immediately recombine into a single Squad. At least they did in the beta.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cyberfox:

Hey,

I was asking because there was plenty of

space inside the house. Just one squad was in a corner of it. When I split up that one, the 2nd team appears outside the house.

Cyberfox<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically two half squats require more room than a single full squat does. In a typical single store building there is enough space for a single full squat to cover one edge of the building. If you split it up the now two half squats take a wider frontage and one of them goes out to take a breath of fresh air ( picked with lead sometimes). Splitting also effects your overall morale negativly and i use it only when i'm the attacker for scouting purposes. Hope this helps

Schugger

Guest Offwhite

I think what Cyberfox wants to know is whether there's any way to predict/control where the half-squads appear the instand you tell them to split. My impression has been that one half-squad remains in the position of the original squad, and the other appears a little forward and to the left. Sometimes when there are other units nearby the newly-split half-squads will be arranged a little differently. I generally don't risk splitting a squad near the edge of cover for the very reason Cyberfox mentioned.