Buying certain infantry formations and maybe a bug

I've noticed that it's impossible to buy some formations (mostly heavy weapons platoons) alone, while they're included in infantry companies/battalions. On the other hand, a few MG/Heavy weapons platoons/companies can be bought seperately. Similar for the Sturmgruppe squads that can only be bought in company size. Is there a reason behind the decision what can be bought seperately and what can't?

Another thing (bug?) I've mentioned in another thread but don't know if anybody recognized it:

1. Padlocked units can still be rotated. I don't know if this is supposed to work this way, but it does make a difference for fortifications and obstacles.

2. Units in the neutral setup zone (gray base) can be moved to any friendly setup zone during setup although the manual states that they should be padlocked too.

Dschugaschwili

Here are my guesses as to what units can be bought how:

* Two main reasons; playability and availability/diversity.

Playability:

- German assault formations, the Sturmkompanie, can't be purchased in platoons since then every Axis player would have one. In company strength you'll need more motivation to cough up the points needed.

Availability/diversity:

- Units that were very rare in up front battles are not available.

- Units that were very similar to other have been lumped together. Example: Allied infantry.

Cheers

Olle