maps, mods, and resolution ?

Please help a newbie smile.gif

Can anyone tell me how to change the resolution of the game once you have played it?

There are a ton of mods out there. Which ones are 'recommended' and which ones aren't?

How do you install maps/scenarios/campaigns, and are there web sites to them?

Many thanks,

Jim Garvey

1) Changing resolution: Delete the CMBO Prefs from the CMBO folder and then you when start the game up again, you will get the same movement through the various choices. It's also worth noting that the maximum resolution for the game is whatever the resolution your desktop is set at. If you want a higher res, you have to start by setting your desktop at a higher resolution. (Oh, and I know there must also be a practical maximum, but I don't know what it is.)

2) Start with Madmatt's CM site. Just look for any thread started by Madmatt and his url will be in his sig. I recommend starting with the Mad Dog Mod Packs (1 and 2) and just trying other mods you think are cool.

3) There are a number of sites with various scenarios and operations available for download. Madmatt's in once again one of the best for that, though the time it takes the scenario download area to load can be... infuritating at times. And they are very easy to work with, simply unzip the files and put them in the scenario directory. The program will automatically put them in the Scenario or Operation menu when you start up the game.

Hope this was some help.

Cheers,

Walter R. Strapps