Just cuz I wanna know...

Not that it affects anything, but...

I understand that some vehicles are more prone to brewing up due to gasoline engines, dry or poorly located ammo stowage &c. The question is: Does the probability that a unit will brew up decrease as its ammo is expended? If my dry-stowage, diesel engined Sherman takes a hit through the bins, will it go up like a Roman Candle if the bins happen to be empty at the time?

------------------

I remember it perfectly: The Germans wore grey; you wore blue...

Well, if it's a Sherman...

To learn about the probability of Shermans brewing up, go to http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/011379.html

Not even very many grogs know the true story of the Sherman's numbering designations. wink.gif

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Formerly Babra:

The question is: Does the probability that a unit will brew up decrease as its ammo is expended? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I strongly suspect the answer is "no". But I'm not certain.

------------------

Most people assume that the M in US vehicle designations means "Model". Thus, the Medium Tank M4 Sherman would be the "Model #4" Medium tank. This is incorrect. The M actually stands for "Mortality" and the number represents the life expectancy of the vehicle in minutes. - Bullethead