Hey, Deadline

He doesn't love me any more either, Pat. <sniff>. I think he's still upset about my lone, unsupported PIAT team lurking through the village molesting his armoured cars and big cats without ever being spotted... smile.gif

Maybe we can start a jilted players club, eh?

------------------

It's a mother-beautiful bridge and it's gonna be THERE.

Bummer.

At one point he said he was playing twelve games at once, and that he was only losing one.

I thought he was winning against me, I guess from what you wrote here that you were the one who beat him.

BTW I picked off one of his tanks with a PIAT as well, from a wheat field. biggrin.gif

But now I don't know what to think, he's not sending the files anymore, maybe I was doing better than I thought. eek.gif

He still had at least 1 PzVI E, and 1 PzIV that I could see, plus one Puma I think. And I wasn't having an easy time of it, he played well from what I could tell -- I lost almost all my AFVs within about five turns! frown.gif

How am I ever going to claw my way up the ladder if people I play with stop sending me the files?! mad.gif

This is impossible. Are there any other takers out there? If you beat me, I promise I won't disappear into the fog, I'll see the game through to the end. Stefan can vouch for me, he's been asking me to capitulate for at least three turns now, and I just won't give him that satisfaction just yet. biggrin.gif

I expect my opponents to do the same.

How else is the ladder going to work?! confused.gif

I'm sure deadline will be back. It's only been a couple of days. I was only joking about scaring him off.

I wouldn't say I'm winning either, but I did have fun with that PIAT team. KO'd an armoured car, side penetration on a Tiger (damage unknown), track hit on another Tiger (no damage). Expended all his rounds (no mean feat! Have you seen how long it takes to reload them things???) and slipped away back to his lines without ever once coming under fire. Too sweet.

------------------

It's a mother-beautiful bridge and it's gonna be THERE.

Sorry guys...The last file I sent to you

was on Sunday morning, had to work, the

rest of the day and monday after work

there was a severe thunderstorm here in

T.O, but I will be on line tonight Pat,so dont you worry....or maybe you should smile.gif

Deadline

Man you miss one day and all hell

breaks loose...

Guest aaronb

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_Deadline:

My Tigers, the ones that are remaining will crush your punny British forces.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That got me laughing pretty hard!

It's true that the British are the developers, and main proponents, even today, of the lowest form of humour known to this earth. To quote www.dictionary.com, "The origin of the word pun is lost in obscurity, perhaps deservedly so in the eyes of those who consider the pun the feeblest form of wit."

Nonetheless, I think you meant 'puny'.