And Now For Something Completely Different!

Guest Pillar

Here are pictures of my grassmod in its near final form. As you can see, I opted to model summer grass, it's bright and healthy and beautiful.

I find this fits (surprisingly) PERFECTLY with the subdued tree bases/trees and with Maguas buildings.

And now, the Pics!

Firefly.jpg

Enjoying a sunny day in the Firefly.

KingTiger.jpg

Onward!

shermangrass.jpg

A Sherman and his two Big Brothers

wood.jpg

A Bunker awaits it's prey...

AND FOR YOU FOG ADDICTS... biggrin.gif

Fog2.jpg

"Sir, I think there is something out there, in that fog...."

fog.jpg

View from an AT Position

Thanks for the interest!

A recommendation......

Your texture is now very excellent. In fact, I think it looks a bit better than DD's in "randomness."

But I think it's still a bit too "luminous", if you will. Basically, the greens & yellows seem brighter than they should to me. But after spending two weeks of staring at CM grass textures, watching grass while driving, and sorting through color photos, maybe my point of view is getting jaded. redface.gif

First off, you might want to check the bottom post of this link.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/013237.html

It makes screenshot comparisons of the various CM grass textures mainly in use now. You'll probably see that the BTS and Rich Tremblett's are more "luminous" than the others. (In turn, I think that DD's and Old Dog's are too dark or "scorched", but DD's is pretty close for a winter grass.)

And my follow-up suggestion: Using your graphics program, see if you can find the option "color equalization" to use for "desaturating" your textures. (I don't have PhotoShop.) Or whatever method you use, try to desaturate the texture by a slight amount (no more than 10-15%, maybe even less). This is a quick & easy way to reduce the luminous look, but the downside to this is that the texture will be immediately darker. So with an original copy of your grass texture set beside the desaturated one, use the original for reference so to adjust the "brightness" of the desaturated grass until it is as "bright" as the original.

So if you like, create a separate "desaturated" set of your new grass and give that a try in CM. Good luck. smile.gif

Ed

Oops! redface.gif The KT thing was a mixup by myself, seems I only installed half the textures smile.gif Fixed now!

Spook, thanks for the feedback. I actually purposefully did not make my grass look desaturated or "subdued" because that is not what grass looks like in the summertime where I live. Many winter scenarios use snow, but the summer scenarios depend heavily on healthy looking grass to make a complete environment.

I might still look at desaturating them very very slightly. In any case, I can expect many users to take it upon themselves to change them as they wish and hopefully we'll have an even better product.

The subdued environment was just too drab for me... summer looked like a snowless winter and grass started to look like some vile sort of liquid covering the battlefield (new german uber weapon? smile.gif )

So to the daylight dwellers and the summer lovers, I will release these very shortly! smile.gif

Thanks