CM Library Open For Business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After much procrastination and delay, I have finally compiled the foundation of the CM Forum Recommended Reading List.

http://www.siteonsound.com/CMReadingList.htm

I combed the many, many, many threads on the subject, and pulled out the books which appear most frequently. I divide them by content as well as I could, so that the beginner will have a good idea of where to turn for a particular topic.

There is a link for additional submissions, so feel free to speak up and let me know what you think belongs on the list.

There is also a link to B&N.com, so that if something strikes your fancy you can just click on over. All proceeds go toward funding my purchase of CM2 smile.gif

I will be up on the CM Web Ring as well as soon as Matt returns from Deutschland.

Read up and have fun.

The CM Reading List: http://www.siteonsound.com/CMReadingList.htm

------------------

Rob Varak

Editor

Site on Sound: The Web's Premier Site For Musical Discussion

www.siteonsound.com

Personally, I would suggest adding:

Panzer III & Its Variants (The Spielberger German Armor & Military Vehicles, Vol 3)

Panzer IV & Its Variants (The Spielberger German Armor & Military Vehicles, Vol 4)

The Panther & Its Variants (Spielberger German Armor & Military Vehicles, Vol 1)

Sturmgeschutz & Its Variants (Spielberger German Armor & Military Vehicles Series, Vol 2)

Armor in Detail No.1 and

Armor in Detail No.2

Germany's Panther Tank the Quest for Combat Supremacy : Development - Modifications - Rare Variants - Characteristics - Combat Accounts by Thomas L Jentz

The Encyclopedia of Weapons of World War II

Panzers in Normandy: Then and Now

Battle of the Bulge: Then and Now -- Jean Paul Pallud

It Never Snows in September : The German View of Market-Garden and the Battle of Arnhem, September 1944 -- Robert J. Kershaw

I would also like to suggest reference listed found in many of the scenarioes comes on the CD or downloaded. Many designers have made considerable research in various battles and units history that help us to understand what was going on.

Griffin @ work - place

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flipper:

I hope thier's a Title on how to get the new grass bmp's to work!...by the way do you know

to get them in I did everything right an it does'nt seem to work..thnks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your not doing something right Flipper.Unzip the BMP and move them into your BMP directory.If you installed to the default directory the it will be C:\program Files\CMBO\BMP. Once you have the files you want to use you should be good to go.

Thank's I'll try that ..again (sigh) there is a readme text in the bmp directory that say's....replace such an such bmp file with

such an such bmp file....do they mean copy over it ..you cant... do they mean delete the bmp file an let the default bmp file (the one with the new texture's) act as the reference bmp file for the one deleted....you know whats weird is that i got one of those files to work (the that make's the wood's a dark green) but the hi res grass ugh! I'm so bummed.