CoolColJ's SPR Sound Set Mod is up!!!!!!!! :D

<marquee>Ascend to new levels of immersion biggrin.gif </marquee>

Go grab it now! Its 12.3 megs split into 4 archives for PC users - until it gets converted to MAC files wink.gif

www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Bandwidth isn't great, so I hope all of you guys can get it for this weekend! wink.gif

True to his name, Compassion offered me some FTP space for it - We can all thank him biggrin.gif

Let me know what you guys think!! smile.gif

Be honest - I won't take offense if you say its crap smile.gif SOundis a very subjective thing - I made it to sound good to me - which it does! biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 01-22-2000).]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incidently I had a good laugh today testing out my sounds!! biggrin.gif

I wads playing last defense as the Germans, an I had my tiger parked on the left side of the first house with flag on it. There was a bazooka team in the house, and the hellcats just appeared...

A massive tank exhange followed...one shell bounced up from the tiger about 50 m vertically and landed on the house to the right! This then proceed to happen 4 times in the next 20 seconds! The same tradjectory too! biggrin.gif And the bazooka team in the house even suffered a casualty and got pinned! biggrin.gif He later routed wink.gif after my Tiger finally got killed! wink.gif

I hope this has been fixed BTS wink.gif LOL

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

My HomePage -----> www.geocities.com/coolcolj/

Check out my Tweaked Textures for the CM Beta Demo! Oh Yeah - listen to my music too!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CoolColJ:

Bandwidth isn't great, so I hope all of you guys can get it for this weekend! wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll have you know that I have regularly moved stuff to and from tht server at transfer rates approaching 300kbs from my office at work (many big fat slow T-1's). You might have been having upload problems becasue I kept jumping your files while you were uploading (&^%*#$% WHaddy mean in valid archive... then look at the numbers in Cute... DOH he wasn't finished uploadeing...). Too greedy I guess redface.gif. Couldn't wait. Probably gave the server fits.

I was wondering why I was getting 2k a second.....

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

Check out my Tweaked Textures for the CM Beta Demo and my Saving Private Ryan Sound Set mod! Oh Yeah - Have a listen to some of my music too! When i get my record deal...you may have to pay for it ...

Doing this mod, allowed me to really analyse the sound in CM, and the beta demo does weird things, when I run it after my sound editing program. Like playing a sound lower in pitch, or not playing a sound at all! I can see a unit shoot but now sound, even when its the only unit shooting. Reboot helps, but not always , plus the erratic volume levels smile.gif

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

Check out my Tweaked Textures for the CM Beta Demo and my Saving Private Ryan Sound Set mod! Oh Yeah - Have a listen to some of my music too! When i get my record deal...you may have to pay for it ...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eridani:

I'm getting an "unable to find directory" when I try to d/l the sounds...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Odd... Just tried anon access to the server and had no problems... CoolColJ's links look right (clicked on one and got a download dialog box).

Eridani

Works fine- I tested it then try again, maybe its due to traffic tongue.gif

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 01-22-2000).]

I'm still waiting on Optus to come install my bloody cable modem!!! frown.gif

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

I've got a 2 meg sound patch coming for the SPR Sound set! biggrin.gif

Sorry frown.gif

But I've fixed a couple of sounds that had an annoying voice in the background wink.gif Beefed up a few tinny sounds, especially the vehicle penertration sound! And added a few new sounds. Such as a new mortar sound with shell sliding noise biggrin.gif And a new .50 calibre sound (still not sure about wether its better than the original )

SHould be up in a days time - need to do some beta testing first smile.gif

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

Well

You need a sound card (quality varies here, but Sound Blaster live value does the job) I have a SB live, but my Middiman Delta 66 24 bit 96khtz soundcard is way better wink.gif

And some software to record the sounds from video. I use Steinberg Wavelab v3.0, very much pro orientated software, I also have SOund Forge, but don't use it much for recording. I use it for other things. Wavelab is twice as fast in everything and it also multitasks - highly recommneded, but its expensive. You can use the software that comes with you soundcard, you can do basic recording and trimming. But I have a lot of tools for sound processing on my PC, I have a ton of plug-ins to sweeten the sound, and to add that professional edge smile.gif

Recording is one thing, but you need to process the sound to make it fit into the game. Takes a lot of work, to and froing between Wavelab and CM biggrin.gif

What card do you have? Any software? EMail me, and I'll try point you out if I can smile.gif

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

ACHTUNG! smile.gif

The SPR SOund patch and extra sounds is up!

Only 2 megs smile.gif But fixes a couple of sounds that had annoying voices in the background, add a juicey armour kill sound and a new .50 calibre, 75mm and mortar sound biggrin.gif

Feedback on .50 Cailbre would be great - as I'm not sure if its any good frown.gif

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

Guest Big Time Software

Actually, it is much easier than it sounds. You can cut and paste sound right out of a sound editor into a resource file. No need to save out a seperate file. Resources are also easier for us to manage than a folders full of individual files. And as far as patching goes it is more foolproof.

The thing about making different versions is that each side is pretty easy to do from the start (i.e. putting in a sound for the Mac OR Windows side), but it is a bit of a pain to go from one to the other.

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You know the MAc system doesn't seem very inviting for mods Can you extract individual sounds out of the resource files?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, it would be fairly easy if I was starting from scratch. Its converting from the PC files to Mac resources that is a pain in the nuts. In many respects, I find the Mac resources easier to work with than the individual files used on the PC. On the PC, the files are named with just numbers. For instance... you see file "00000651," and without opening it in a sound editor, you have no idea what it is. The following is what I see in ResEdit

screen.gif

On a different topic: Since you did not change all of the sounds, you could reduce the file size of your mod by only providing those files which have been changed.

NO!

Every Sound has been changed! If you convert it, do every sound! Or it will sound funny! wink.gif All the levels and harmonics are different trust me - put the original and my version side by side...you'll hear it....Valves sound so nice biggrin.gif If you put the new sounds with the original sounds, the levels will be wrong...since my name will be associated with the files...do all of them or not at all.

I don't see why the pc version can't have names as well - but who would want to type them all out smile.gif

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 01-25-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Every Sound has been changed! If you convert it, do every sound! Or it will sound funny! All the levels and harmonics are different trust me - put the original and my version side by side...you'll hear it....Valves sound so nice If you put the new sounds with the original sounds, the levels will be wrong...since my name will be associated with the files...do all of them or not at all.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, I couldn't hear the difference on several. Could be the speakers on my Powerbook. I'll change them all.