Location and date of VoT?

WWII historians,

According to the intro briefings, "Valley of Threats" date is late August 1944 and taking place in a hypothetical town on the West Wall between German and American units. This date doesn't seem possible given my understanding of where the front lines were at the beginning of September 1944. As I understand, these were the approximate locations of the 5 U.S. Corps in the 12th U.S. Army Group on 1 Sept 44:

(from north to south):

XIX Corps: ~10 miles south of Brussels

VII Corps: near Namur, France

V Corps: near Sedan, France

XX Corps: ~10 miles west of Metz, France

XII Corps: ~10miles west of Nancy, France

Of these, the closest Corps are XX and XII (of Patton's 3rd Army), each about 40 miles from the Saar Region and the West Wall. VII Corps would hit the West Wall near Aachen in the middle/end of September. The rest of the US Corps didn't hit the West Wall until November. Does anyone have any historical info that contradicts this?

I am writing an AAR on the scenario, so I am trying to pick the correct date. I am also trying to assign the various units involved in the scenario to real historical Orders of Battle, so I am trying to select a plausible location for Plomville. Right now, I am leaning towards 23 November 1944, near Saarburg and the Saar River (Plomville = Oberleuken). This would pit the U.S. 10th Armored Div. (formed into Task Forces), against the German 416th Infantry Div (reinforced by 106th Pz. Bgd.).

Any WWII buffs with any ideas?

Thanks,

James.

Whatever which said in the briefing could stop James when he have a goal biggrin.gif

That the scenario was defined as non-historical, doesn't implies that the background may be inconsistent, which is that James is saying, I think...

I hope I don't messed up this with my bad english...

Ariel