Sherman LOS (update)

I just found my thread on Sherman LOS, and I still had one last question...

I understand that a vehical is either hulldown or not... That makes perfect sence.

but what about LOS... my sherman should have clear LOS on the Stug, but it doesn't... has this been fixed?

or if it shouldn't, I'd love to know why

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/002397.html

(sorry about the new thread, I was originally going to bring something else up, but then I realize it has already been mentioned in my original thread... I should read more carefully)

-EridanMan

[This message has been edited by Eridani (edited 01-13-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

No clue smile.gif This is one of those things that we have to see a file to know what is going on. In situations like this there is most often some sort of logical, if rare, explanation. But without the file we can't tell anything really.

As for a potential bug... who knows, there might be something that is only evident in some rare circumstance. But to date nobody has found a LOS error linked to Hull Down, so I highly doubt there is an obvious bug floating around.

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

No clue smile.gif This is one of those things that we have to see a file to know what is going on. In situations like this there is most often some sort of logical, if rare, explanation. But without the file we can't tell anything really.

My guess is that when the turn ended the tanks were just fractional meters away from being within LOS of each other. You could still have targeted the StuG even though it was out of LOS and when it entered LOS (provided it was within a few seconds) your Sheman would have shot at it.

As for a potential bug... who knows, there might be something that is only evident in some rare circumstance. But to date nobody has found a LOS error linked to Hull Down, so I highly doubt there is an obvious bug floating around.

Steve