New Web Site

Hey,

Since I had to change my ISP, etc.. when I went cable, and I got this funky new handle (which I actually like!), I decided to change my ID here as well. So I am no longer Reaper (that handle was used too damn often anyway), and I am now Jagdcarcajou!

Along with the new handle, I would like to announce the beta-phase of my new site. Head on over and take a look (it won't take long!). Its officially in the ugly "I'm-not-sure-what-I-want-the-site-to-look-like" phase, so go easy on the aesthetic criticism, ok?

http://members.home.net/jagdcarcajou/

Otherwise, if you have links you'd like to add, or you want to invite me to join the CM webring (cough cough), or if you would like to help with the PBEM page, drop me a line.

If the site starts actually becoming used I will get a domain for it, with a real name, etc...

Thanks all! Good hunting.

Chris

------------------

What the hell is a Jagdcarcajou?

Hey Jagdcarcajou, nice start. I tend to purchase units along historical lines also. I've been following the threads on this topic. Can't believe the things folks will do to try and win, for a win sake. Like the site, we need some higher level thinking.

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno "Stachel" Weiss

Looks pretty good, but I do have one "aesthetic criticism."

Any chance of you making the left frame a little narrower? If you build the page so that it is split horizontally first, then the bottom section is split vertically, you won't have to change the size of your logo.

My request is so that the content can be read at 800x600 without scrolling the page left and right. While 1024x768 is becoming really common these days, Combat Mission is available for the Mac, and runs really nicely on an iBook. So a larger than normal proportion of your visiters could be coming in on an iBook, also.

And the iBook screen only goes to 800x600....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jaded:

And the iBook screen only goes to 800x600....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll take a look at the code in the morning (late here). I thought it was 800x600 friendly (200 px left, 600 px right) but something may have slipped. If so, I'll certainly clean it up.

Thanks for the note. Got a couple other little fixes to make in the morning as well.

Chris

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jagdcarcajou:

Head on over and take a look (it won't take long!). Its officially in the ugly "I'm-not-sure-what-I-want-the-site-to-look-like" phase, so go easy on the aesthetic criticism, ok?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I only had questions about two things, the previously mentioned, the need to scroll right a lil' to see the right frame in 800x600, but the other one is about the table you have for PBME. What exactly is it? I think, at least I'm hoping, that there's one or two people out there as lame or lamer than I am so I think maybe an explanation of what the table is and how to use it would be nice. =)

Other than that it looks fine to me and I'm sure it'll only get better. =)

Kitty =^..^=

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

the table you have for PBME. What exactly is it? I think, at least I'm hoping, that there's one or two people out there as lame or lamer than I am so I think maybe an explanation of what the table is and how to use it would be nice. =)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey,

You know, sometimes I make the assumption that everyone knows as much as I do already. Thanks for pointing that out. I have addressed both the 800x600 issue and the explanation of the PBEM chart this morning (as well as some minor corrections). Let me know if that explanation makes sense.

Chris

------------------

Just booked you page. The PBEM Guide is invaluable to a newbie like me. Thanks for your efforts.

BTW Don't strain yourself with that 20 minutes per day. smile.gif Make sure you use at least 10 minutes of that 20 for a lunch break. smile.gif

------------------

"Do not needlessly endanger your lives until I give you the signal"

Dwight D. Eisenhower

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:

Nice site.

Just wondering if you could add my link. cm4mac.tripod.com was the 3rd CM site established. It came right after BTS's own site and CMHQ!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be glad to!

It should be up this afternoon (gotta watch at least a little football today!). wink.gif

Thanks for the kind words.

Chris

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jagdcarcajou:

Hey,

You know, sometimes I make the assumption that everyone knows as much as I do already. Thanks for pointing that out. I have addressed both the 800x600 issue and the explanation of the PBEM chart this morning (as well as some minor corrections). Let me know if that explanation makes sense.

Chris

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I think I understand it now. =)

Kitty