Panther with paint chipping off

chippedpanther.jpg

I really like how this one came out. It looks fab on the battlefield (I think biggrin.gif ).

Based on a german tank from a book cover. Most pics/illustrations I see are of a 2-tone paint scheme.

you can download it here:

http://www.negia.net/~jshki/JSpantherpaint2.zip

Unzip these bmps into your combat mission bmp folder and overwrite. Remember to make back-ups of the 4340 thru 4349 bmps.

-Tiger

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 08-01-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 08-01-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blackhorse:

You should put together a walk-thru on how to make textures. Some of us -not-so-artistic folks might wanna give it a try.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to learn how to do that too.

Pretty soon we'll need a utility to keep track of the mods!

Guest ACTOR

Fantastic. That has been my one and only comment about all the mod textures, is that they look like they just came from being painted. This baby looks like it has seen some action!

Keep it up...and let us know where we can get the mods.

I'll post a zip file for this one later tonight. I will have some nice skins after I obtain the game and get to do some other vehicles and zip them up into a nice big download.

Tutorials would be somewhat difficult. Get a good paint program (I use picture publisher 8 which should be cheap now). Open up the necesary bmp files from the game (all the ones necessary for each vehicle are grouped together).

Learn to do masks, color and texture fills, hue shifts, selecting colors from the palette, and to use the "airbrush" paint tool.

It's not as difficult as it sounds, you just need to play around with it biggrin.gif (not that!)

-Tiger