Targeting with "Kill = None"

Playing PBEM game and I met a Tiger with my Churchill croc. They were close range 200m both front shots and they exchanged six ricochets between the two of them. I got nervous and backed out of it as did my opponent. When I did target it the next turn before I reversed outta there it said "chance to hit 97% Kill = none" So does that mean no chance in knocking it out? or no chance for gun damage or what?

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Don't you love the front armor on the Churchill?

I'm pretty sure Kill = None means you have essentially no chance of penetrating the armor facing you. I think this does not take into account the possibility of hitting a "weak spot" and getting a kill that way. You could also get gun damage, and probably also some of that nasty internal armor flaking, but no out-and-out kill.

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

Maxx: Thanks I stole from a sigs thread couple of weeks ago.

L.Tankersley: Yeah the Churchill rocks. But when I seen Kill none I'm out of there. My opponent backed off also. Which make me think I should have rushed him and tossed him some fire. smile.gif "better to fight and run away, and live to fight another turn" something like that.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Guest Big Time Software

Think of "Kill = None" as a suggestion rather than a hard and fast rule. It is suggesting to you that you are screwed, but there still is a chance of doing some damage. For example...

You could fire, hit the vehicle, and damage the gun or kill a crew member from internal armor flaking.

You could fire just as the vehicle decided to turn and thus land a round in its flank.

You could fire just as the vehicle started to drive down hill, thus allowing for a better shot against sloped armor (obviously this is NOT relevant for the Churchill smile.gif)

But in general, this does mean you should try and figure out some other way to kill the vehicle in question. The odds of a lucky shot are just not that great. And if your tank can't survive the other guy's weapon at that range, the risk of attempting to get a lucky shot is that much worse.

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

You could fire just as the vehicle started to drive down hill, thus allowing for a better shot against sloped armor (obviously this is NOT relevant for the Churchill smile.gif)

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, one has to wonder whether the Brits ever thought of anything besides "hey, let's weld more plates on here!"

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.