1.1b22 bugs?

Guest Scott Clinton

Guest Scott Clinton

I posted this before but, now I'm using v1.1b22 and...

1.) Armored cars are still not treating other armored cars and half-tracks as viable targets in regards to the "Hunt" command. In my latest game I had a pair of M8 Greyhounds cruise past 251/1s half tracks as well as the better-armed 251/8s (with 75 short). Now, I know the 251/8 is very much a viable threat. This is because when one of the M8s refused to stop and fire before cresting a hill and instead continued to cruise merrily toward the half-track he was quickly dispatched by said 251/8. I noted this behavior previously with German Acs. I have not noticed this problem with tanks. Not saying it's an AC only issue, just that I have not noticed it.

2.) Also noticed in this version that I saw a tank (Pz IVg) and an assault gun (Stug IV) hit with "Gun Hit" yet the gun was not affected at all both hits were by 76mm AP. I am not sure how a gun could take a direct hit by a round of this caliber and not be affected in some manner...but regardless if the hit caused no damage why is this misleading message displayed? I mean this is the same message you get when the gun is destroyed, right?

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

Guest Scott Clinton

Am I the only one that notices these?

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

I hit a Puma with a Jumbo 76 and scored a gun hit with no damage. I scored an upper hull penetration on a Pz IVg with no knock out, and a hull penetration on a Puma with Churchill VII, again with no knock out. This all happened in one turn. I put it down to bad luck, but is it a bug?

Guest KwazyDog

Scott, as for point 2, I have a note here from Charles... smile.gif

'It's not necessarily a *direct* hit. This way we can simulate a heavy gun's ability to withstand a hit from a lesser shell. A 76mm usually will knock out the gun if it hits it, but not 100%.'

Guest Scott Clinton

Thanks KwazyDog,

Is this a change? Not that I am complaining its just that I never noticed this before. smile.gif This does add a certain, realistic level off uncertainty though. You get a “Gun Hit”, but the only way to tell if the enemy’s gun is knocked out is to let him shoot at you. wink.gif

I guess my only remaining question in regards to these ‘no-effect hits’ is whether you can get a “Track Hit” that has no effect too?

Thanks again.

------------------

Guest KwazyDog

Im not sure if its a new feature Scott, Im pretty sure its been in there at least since 1.05 though smile.gif

I would have to ask Charles to be 100% certain, but yes, I think this would be the same for track hits as well. Ive had vehciles survive track hits from smaller weapons just recently.

Oh, and check out the latest patch with regards to question one you metnioned earlier Scott. We discussed this for some time today after your comment, and I think we came up with a pretty good solution smile.gif

Dan

Guest Scott Clinton

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Oh, and check out the latest patch with regards to question one you metnioned earlier Scott. We discussed this for some time today after your comment, and I think we came up with a pretty good solution<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah...like I wasn't going to give this new patch a good "Armored-Car-Test" ASAP anyway! wink.gif

------------------

Guest Scott Clinton

GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS

GOOD NEWS:

AFAIK the AI works fine now with ACs and light armor. I only had time for a quick run through but my Greyhounds stopped for anything mounting an AC cannon, but not for the mg halftracks. Thanks guys!

BAD NEWS:

When I was testing all the light stuff I noticed that the US Stuart now has an ammo allotment for its flex. MG of 240. I don't recall it being this high before, but I could be wrong. It just seemed way too high to me.

Thanks again.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 12-21-2000).]