Can you identify this officer?

Follow this link to a page maintained by a friend of mine, which contains several pictures taken by his grandfather. A couple of the pictures won prizes in the National Army Arts Contest and were then displayed in the National Gallery of Art: http://www.gostynskafrakt.com/haroldrankin/

Go to the link for "Chowhound" and see if you can identify the gentleman who is the subject of the photo. We haven't been able to identify him, and a couple of WWII veterans we asked weren't sure either. Hap Arnold was one guess, but that doesn't seem to match other photos of him. Does anybody know?

If you email Alex directly (there is a link on the Chowhound page), while you are at it, gently encourage him to download the gold demo smile.gif

Brad "Supertanker" Wohlenberg

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Hey Brad, I don't live too far from Flora, Illinois. I'm just about an hour or so South of there.

Ha! I agree with Babra, the heffer on the left is butt-ass ugly.

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 05-25-2000).]

That guy is definitely from USMA. He is wearing his class ring - I can tell its a West Point ring because it is on the correct finger and facing the correct direction (everything related to West Point has a SOP).

If your friend really wants to know who the General is, he should contact somebody at the West Point Museum. They know everything about every Cadet that made General. I will ask some of my classmates, but we are all probably to young.