How to Meet Players for TCP/IP Games?

I’m new to the Combat Mission world – I’ve had the game for a whole 5 days (and spend all day and night thinking about it) – and I can’t wait to get home to download the TCP/IP beta patch and play a game on line!

Not knowing the player community yet, I’m not sure how to go about linking up with other folks to play a TCP/IP game. Is there a forum/chat room/other cyberplace where currently available games and/or IP addresses of players are listed? I’m thinking of some place that would function like the Microsloth Gaming Zone or Gamespy or such.

I’ll be ready to rock tonight! Any help would be much appreciated…….

Guest Madmatt

Jess, swing by my chat server as well.

My main site is down right at the moment but here is a link to the chat channel which is VERY active at this time. You will be in a game in no time!

http://cmhq.tzo.com:8000/

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 11-29-2000).]

You guys continue to amaze me with your responsiveness! (I posted a question about good beginner scenarios Monday that received several prompt answers). Thanks – I’ll go to the CMHQ chat room tonight.

Epee – I received your PBEM and plan to respond tonight. Maybe we can play a TCP/IP game as well, although I think there’s a 3-hour time difference between us – I’m in U.S. Eastern Time and can play on weeknights only between 10 and 12 PM due to the job, wife, and kids. Weekends are a different story though.

(P.S. I completed Wiltz with a total Allied victory….lucky I guess.)

Thanks again!