mac users: new CM beta Graphics 13 and MCM3 (Important)

just checked out the v24 beta patch, and noticed the new graphics 13 file.

wanted to let the mac users know that if they transfer this file (Graphics 13) over to the data folder, you will lose all your winter mods. MCM3 uses G13 to store the winter mods.

so, two ways to get around this (well, three):

1. use MCM3 to copy out all the winter mods from the OLD G13 into a mod folder, then use MCM3 to convert these back into the NEW G13. This is the hard and long way to do it.

2. Use MCM3 to copy out the new explosion graphics from the NEW G13, then use MCM3 to convert these new textures to your OLD G13 file. This is the preferred method for me.

3. Use ResEdit and paste the new explosion mods into your existing G13 file. The trusty standby...

NOTE:

If you have already copied the NEW G13 into your data folder, and have used MCM3 before today to add winter mods, you should have a Graphics 13 Backup file in your data folder.

You can use this to revert the new G13 back to the last mod you did to G13, which may or may not save the winter mods. Remember to copy out the new textures before you revert the new file though.

feel free to email me if you have any questions.. I'll look into seeing if we can have this in the readme for future releases or not... to save you the trouble of redoing all the winter graphics mods.

sorry for the late notice, just downloaded the new version here..

best,

dave

------------------

History is made at night