Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

To install or not to install

Guru

Hi -

Just a curious question -

How long did some of you play CM before installing the graphics and sound Mods made by 2nd or 3rd party people? The reason I ask is that I'm wondering whether I should play using the original graphics to appreciate BTS's original artwork, or install Mods right now and see the "enhancements" made by others.

I just received the game a few days ago and have played a few battles (not to mention the demo a lot), but after browsing some Mods on the web I can't wait to install them. So what do you veterans recommend? Installing now or later?

hey sounds like exactly what im thinking about right now. ive also just received my game and have played the demo ALOT. ive been to madmatts mpmd page and have downloaded most of the stuff, but am not sure if i shold install the mods rightaway or wait awhile...

any thoughts vets?

Guest MantaRay

Yep, get the mods and try them out. The graphics are fine that came with your CD, but the MaddPacks are much better. Just makes it quite a bit better visually.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder

Guest KwazyDog

Guru, I would check them out of a 1 on 1 basis and use the ones you think are better. Some are great, some are good. Personally I finds other too dark for my liking.

Hehe hell, I did a good portion of the origional textures (glad you like them so much maximus wink.gif) and I still use some of the mods out there, mainly for a change that anything else. People are now spending days on what I had to do in a couple of hours, so there is stuff out there that is a lot better. That being said there, I honestly think there are textures in CM that havnt been bettered yet.

Id check out kumps site if I was you, do a search for his same in the forum. He does many comparisons between different mods.

Cool - thanks for the replies.

Yeah Kump's page and the MDMP pages are reasons I can't wait to install some new mods smile.gif

And hearing one of the original texture graphic designers say to download some new ones right away, I'd better get on it!

Guest KwazyDog

Hehe, well I was mainly thinking of the fact that there are a few more higher res trees and buildings in the MDMP packs that didnt quite make it onto the CD. The vehicles I did over the last few months, and are a higher res than the origionals on the cd (hopefully you have ample VRAM smile.gif).

Guru, Id make sure you check each mod before overwriting the origionals though, it is really up to personal taste as to what you will like and what you will not smile.gif

Dan