Feature requests/suggestions

I would like to see a way to link units together for a couple of different purposes.

1. All of the linked units travel a fast as the slowest unit in the group.

2. Along with the ability to select a lead unit, all of the unit units will walk on the exact same ground as the lead unit.

Of course, these two items would be subject to command/control considerations, etc.

This would provide, for example, the ability to link several vehicles together, select a lead vehicle and then be able to specify a path along a road just once, making play more efficient.

If such things are possible now, I would be interested in learning how to accomplish this.

The Pause command just doesn't seem to be enough to keep a group of units together.

I believe such features would not violate the concept of being realistic.

Ericgorr, you're right; Group Select should default to the slowest moving component of the group. It would improve co-ordination and reduce micro-management quite a bit and would be simple enough for a patch. It's easier to shift-detach the mortars afterwards rather than fine-tuning all the units with different speeds, command delays, and states of suppression. This would complement the Follow Command, a good notion that has been discussed to death.

Another nuance to a Follow order would be allowing following vehicles to default to the command delay of the leading unit.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alexander:

Another nuance to a Follow order would be allowing following vehicles to default to the command delay of the leading unit. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Follow me!" says the elite commander to the string of conscript vehicles behind him.

I like the idea of a follow order, but this would be kinda silly, imho.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

I think it's sillier for one an elite tank to take off down a road followed by a green tank 13 seconds later and a veteran tank 8 seconds after that- like drunken sailors leaving a bar.

You suppose whatever their combat experience they'd be capable of following eachother at approx equal intervals- at least on a road. They can revert to their normal command delays -for movement- after leaving 'Follow'. Alternatively, the lead vehicle assumes the command delay of the greenest following unit.

Any another way looks ridiculous & requires MM.

God, this is fun!

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chupacabra:

"Follow me!" says the elite commander to the string of conscript vehicles behind him.

I like the idea of a follow order, but this would be kinda silly, imho.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree - if you have ever seen recruits try to march in step under the command of an experienced NCO you should too...

------------------

Andreas