SRAAW teams in Canada

SeaRich

Dear Sirs:

Could you please answer my question? I have been playing the Canadian Army scenarios that use the SRAAW teams (It is a little bazooka that is something like the Eryx ATGM). I noticed that the effective range of the SRAAW is 600 meters. How do you use these units? Is it best to ferry them around in a M113 or place them in a town or other cover? Whatever I have done, I just don't know how to place these SRAAW teams. Please post your ideas and suggestions below. Thanks you very much! smile.gif

Rich

The real trick is to find places from which you can fire into the side of the enemy.... which is, well, tricky. 8)

Figure out which way they are coming, and try to arrange ambushes alongside their line of march.

Or, a bit less clever, find terrain blocks they're going to come through, and station your infantry & SRAAW teams a few hundred meters beyond that. (They might appreciate having arty on call, and tanks/ATGM support further back....) For example, heading west, you have to cross the hill on the southern third of Map 01. Stationing forces for a massive reverse-slope ambush, just west of the west edge of the hill, can wreak havoc on the enemy.

The downside is that the infantry rarely escapes any of these techniques alive. 8/