disappearing ammo question

Guest aaronb

Guest aaronb

In LD, a german squad went from 18 to 9 in a split second with no visible outgoing fire. There was an incoming mortar blast at the same time, but no casualties.

Is this a bug, or does CM model ammo pouches ripped-off in an explosion? I've searched and found nothing (but willing to take a link if it's there).

(ARGH - after rereading the initial post, I realized that I completely misunderstood what this is all about (I was thinking casualties here, not ammo). I'll leave what I wrote, but basically - disregard it... it's most likely a bug.)

There is a bug in the beta demo which could be responsible for that. Was the squad in or near buildings? Did one or more of the buildings collaps?

However, it "could" also be that they were hit by some fire from an MG or squad which has not been spotted yet. In that case you wouldn't see any tracers... (you "could" hear the sound of the MG, but that's easy to miss in the heat of a battle)

[This message has been edited by Moon (edited 04-11-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Oooooh, I think I remember something like this happening. But for the life of me I can't remember why. The only time you would see that many units of ammo vanish is if it was doing some VERY close combat. But then again, so long as you have an up-to-snuff video card you should SEE the guys shooting. If you have a slower video card you might just be missing it due to frames being dropped.

Steve

Guest aaronb

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The only time you would see that many units of ammo vanish is if it was doing some VERY close combat<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That must be it. I just watched the squad _very_ closely. Ammo from 18-->8 with no intermediate steps, firing at a MG 13 metres away. The unit was half-way in a wall, so it was tough to see from behind, but the little SMG's were jumping like frogs in a frying pan (but no tracers, which fooled me the first time).

All that ammo, and no effect on the MG.

I remember a thread where someone's MG42 went through a simulated 900 rounds in one turn - I thought the counter would move rapidly rather than jump suddenly like this.

Case closed. Fixed bug.