Addon Pack - More Vehicles? and other questions

Guest Pillar

Guest Pillar

I'm wondering if there will be an addon pack released (possibly) with extra vehicles and maybe even squads involved so that users can make scenarios based on other time periods. Even just to screw around with it would be fun.

Also, will there ever be on-map howitzers other than the self-propelled guns? I know it's not likely due to distances involved, but I'm curious anyway.

Finally, will there be other CM's released that focus on other parts of the war like the Eastern Front and the Pacific? I guess France'40 and Poland'39 are out of the question smile.gif (would be a wee bit one sided don't you think?)

Thanks!

Guest Pillar

Great, thanks for the quick info. I've been told this has been posted b4, so everyone can just let this thread float to the bottom and I'll look it up on my own.

sorry for the mistake.

Well, as for other CM versions. YEP!!!

CM2 will be the Eastern Front. Working title is something to the effect of "Barbarossa & Beyond"

CM3 will be the Mediterranean Theater. This will cover North Africa, Sicily, Italy, and Balkans (Yugoslavia, Greece, and Crete).

CM4 will be the Early War. The working title for this one is "Blitzkrieg!" This will cover Poland '39 and France '40.

------------------

Finally........Maximus...has come back.....to the Forum!!!

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-14-2000).]

I played some of those multi-turreted tanks in ASL, it was a nightmare, with all those separate covered arcs.

I wanted all the turrets to point to the same target at once to knock it out, so I could move on to the next...

In CM it wouldn't be as much of a problem, we could let the tank pick its own targets.

Looks like a good site, I was surprised to see some many Canadian entries. Thanks.

Guest Pillar

Oh I don't know about that. The T-35 seems more a political item than a good piece of equipment. It's a really big target and with the relatively small amount of firepower would be totally outdone by German tanks.

It's also too big to really support infantry since it's going to be hugely immobile.

Guest Pillar

Interesting! They ARE going to model the Blitzkrieg of the early war? Well, it will make for some extrememly challenging playing as the allies smile.gif

Pillar,

It really won't be any diffrent than what we have now. let me explain. While The big picture shows no contest. At Cm's scale there will be alot of battles that were really hard fought. A lot of the Polish and french units fought well... it just gets over shadowed.

Lorak

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

Guest Pillar

Makes sense. I'm really looking forward to it. Currently actually, I'm reading "Panzer Commander" and Hans is explaining his experiences in the early stages of the war.

Can you believe Rommel? He would stand in the middle of battles, with guys dropping like flies around him and he would command from the front line! What a guy! biggrin.gif