question about multiplayer

Welcome to the board. Currently CM is playable via PBEM only. There is a patch being worked on that will allow TCP/IP play but it is not yet ready and there is no firm timeline for it's release. There have already been four patches to the game (though none of them addressed TCP/IP) and it's been out for only a couple of months, so I think you can see that the support from BTS is first rate. I get the impression from your post that you haven't played CM PBEM. If not, may I suggest that you give it a try? PBEM with this game has a much different feeling about it than other PBEM games have. It's a good way to play the game and I'd encourage you to at least give it a try. Hope this helps.

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dosvetertrunk:

I'm looking to buy this game, but I wanted to find out more about multiplayer.

Last I heard, there was no LAN support, and communication online was done only via e-mail. I saw that there was a patch available; does it address this issue at all?

Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game still has no TCP/IP support, but this is promised in a latter patch. BTS has said several times that they are working on the TCP/IP patch and it is taking longer than they originally thought it would.

Theron