Making a version that looks like CM1?

Boris Balaban

No. The basic look and feel of TacOps is not going to change except that I hope that the maps will get more detailed over time.

The main focus of TacOps will remain on being able to easily push battalions, regiments, and larger units across very large areas of ground. I don't think the 3D approach is the best way to go for the larger TacOps scale.

However, I expect that the CM team will eventually do a great contemporary (i.e. post WWII) version of CM for smaller fights on smaller maps.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com

Oh!..I just wanted to add that games like TacOps and Capt. Patrick Proctor's Brigade Combat Team and Armed Task Force seem to have a very narrow and specific purpose in their own settings. This is to say that they are training tools and not mere recreations and play as are Steel Beasts, M1A2, and the such like. In a way it is comforting to know that our American and Canadian soldiers are trained in the tactics of conservation of life and resources. I guess you are a CM player at heart, but imagine playing one of these games as though each tile and counter was a living, breathing individual with a wife, a young child and perhaps a cat. The game becomes more real then, doesn't it? It must be a terribly serious thing to command men on the field.

I think (and my thoughts are faulty) that a master of these games has the potential of being a true hero of his countrymen. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by SeaRich (edited 11-02-2000).]