Panzerfausts

Is there some special command to make your squads attack tanks using their panzerfausts? Several times I've snuck a squad (with PFs) up behind a Sherman, within about 30 yards, and tried to have them take the thing out. All they do is fire their puny guns at the behemoth and then cower when it spins around to face them. Also, when I target the tank, I don't get the "chance to hit" message. It's like the squad refuses to use their antitank weapons. What's the deal?

Rex

There is no command for firing PFs specifically. It's all done by the AI--if it thinks it has a shot (and I think if the troops pass a morale check) it will shoot one. Apparently in the Gold version you don't even have to target the tank with the squad itself, and the other guys in the squad can be shooting rifles at enemy grunts while one of them uses the PF on a tank.

To increase chances of shooting, it's usually a good idea to have the tank buttoned (shoot at it with smallarms) and be VERY close (30m or less) from behind or the side.

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rex:

What's the deal?

Rex<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that in the Gold or Beta demo? In the Gold I have had very good results close assaulting tanks with infantry squads. Usually when the tank is buttoned and close to a tree-line. Order the guys to dash out towards the tank until they are about 30 yards away, and then self-preservation will take over. Think I killed two out of five Sherms in CE that way in a game against the AI. In the beta there was a problem with them using the fausts. Also, are you sure that they have some? You can see that in the status window.

------------------

Andreas

It is amazing what you can learn from a good book...