2 stories from the same scenario

Both of which are aggravating. Let me preface this by saying I chalk this up to the vagaries of war, not a problem with the game (or maybe, I don't know).

I'm hunting my Sherman down a street. My infantry is charging a building with a known enemy squad in it but it shouldn't be too hard to handle and my Sherman is needed a few houses down. As he slowly rolls down the street, a shreck team appears in the top floor of the building I'm assaulting. What happened next is sketchy and I watched it 4 times. But, the shreck team fired then surrendered, or surrendered then fired...I'm still not sure which. Anyway, he knocked out my Sherman. Surrender? I wanted to butcher them I was so pissed! I chalk that up to stupidity, bad luck, and random chance.

Meanwhile, across the map I'm assaulting a concrete pill box that's been decimating my forces. I take the pill box, I win the scenario. I've spent the good part of the previous 7 turns working a squad into position to knock it out. Before it gets there though, something bathed the pillbox in smoke. I'm not sure if it was one of my tanks or if it was the pill box itself that popped smoke, but the pill box went from being spotted to being hidden (german icon replaced the pill box). That was good whilst my squad navigated that last 30m or so to maneuver behind it. I finally got to within 7m of the back door. I gave the attack command only to find out my sight was blocked! Dammit! OK, no prob. Crawl another 5m then attack, yeah, that's what I'll do. So next turn what happens? My squad takes small arms fire from a distant HQ unit and turns tail back down in front of the smoking pill box. Meanwhile, the pill box proceeds to light up another of my tanks across the way. Arrrggghhhh!! I can't see it from 7m away yet it can see my tank 250m away?! I WILL KILL that pill box if it's the last thing I do!

There, I feel better now smile.gif

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Well your first story reminds of something I read in a book. Can't remember which, but German Youth were given PF and would often pop up kill a tank and then try to surrender.

Story was in Normandy I think, where a British Lt.in the tank behind his Sgt, saw this youth jump up with PF in hand and kill his SGt and his tank. He was so pissed when the youth tried to surrender he cut him in half with his .50 cal. So it can happen.

If it's in the game it's in the game!

Tony