Chance encounter with a tricky AI!!

Man this is second attempt (no I haven't been playing CM everyday like some of you! tongue.gif) - and its the second time the AI has handed me a lesson! Both times as the US

This sceneraio is quite tricky in that the Germans have a lot more units, but of a lower quality, so you don't know if ya gonna win or not, until the very end.

The first game I played, I suffered a decisive defeat! biggrin.gif Basicly I pushed too far forward with my Shermans, and got hit with panzerfaust and schreck from all sides! I did manage to wipe all the STugs out.

The second game - I knew what he had, so kept my SHermans slightly back. Basicly I was too scared to to take his Stugs head-on, so we basicly caned each others infantry for a few turns smile.gif Until the AI wised up, buttoned up my tanks with his Mg, and then hull-downed with a STug picked off 2 SHermans by hunting forawrd shoot -kill, poping smoke, retreating and then popping up again at a different location!

I finally manage to kill 2 STugs in an exchange, and then some hyper aggressive German units came charging at my Tanks , and took them out with Panzerfausts mad.gif My buttoned tanks didn't see them coming! Now if only Close combat series was like this! wink.gif

SO I thought I was going to get schlacked, with his remaining STug causing my infantry all sorts of grief....but he got cocky and advanced it without infantry support to the flag nearest my side of the map. Unspotted my fresh bazooka squad crawled up to the edge of trees, and took it out from 80m with the first shot!! biggrin.gif

I then rushed my company HQ and 2 fresh units with full ammo to the far right flag on the road, and claimed a draw on turn 40 -which is probably a loss due to the bug as mention by BTS wink.gif

If it were an operation the battle would have ended at turn 30 for sure...

I love it! tongue.gif

------------------

------------------

CCJ

BLITZ_Force

smile.giffrown.gifredface.gifbiggrin.gifwink.giftongue.gifcool.gifrolleyes.gifmad.gifeek.gifconfused.gif

My HomePage -----> www.geocities.com/coolcolj/

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 01-07-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... I don't think you would like what the AI could do to you now smile.gif It would likely overrun your positions pronto. The bastard thing now has no problem attacking in concentrated force with delicate units like HQs BEHIND the advance. First game I played with the tuneup it wiped me out in a major way!

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The thing that bugs me is, does anyone here really analyse their units firepower, etc and use the best units for a move etc? I tend to us the closet unit, I don't even bother with checking kill info....I'm lazy I guess<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't... unless I'm curious about kills.

When creating the plan for the overall conduct of the game I plan to use individual units where I think they will perform best.

I have to adapt on the fly of course but that's how I plan.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>When creating the plan for the overall conduct of the game I plan to use individual units where I think they will perform best.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I plan that way, but I base it on what I know about the units in question... not anything the game tells me. I trust Steve & Charles to get the details right... damn, that's auful trusting of me wink.gif