Steel Bridges

Greetings to all of you.As this is my Birthday(No cheers,please,its easy to get to 69,you just have to live longer!)I thought I would celebrate by pitching into the Forum with what is probably a question asked before.Why are there no Steel Truss bridges,like that in Remagen (A Bridge too far?)but only stone and wood ones? Is it too hard to develop the graphics,or would it mean that all bridges would be Steel girder ones? Im sure one of you smart graphics people can enlighten me.This sure is a change of pace from European Air War! A most unusual Sim. biggrin.gif

Guest Offwhite

I'd like to see these too, but I've been told that, like vehicles and buildings, the shape and line of sight characteristics of the bridge will remain the same no matter what texture you put on it. It would still have the arches and such, they would just look steely instead of wooden.

The reason there are no steel bridges in CM is because they were not included (for whatever reason) when the hard coding for the game was done. In order to have them the hard coding would have to be changed, and BTS has stated this would be too much trouble for them to go back and re-code everything for steel bridges. They DID say that steel bridges will be included in CM2, however.

Maybe at some point in the future they will have time to go back and add things to CM1. We can only hope!

------------------

"Are you Sgt. Steiner? No, I'm Lili Marlene"